Cristina Carvalho, PhD
1993 – Graduated in Textile Engineering (Textile Production) by University of Beira Interior, Covilhã / Portugal.
1999 – MSc in Biotechnology/Biochemical Engineering from IST/UTL, Lisbon / Portugal.
2006 – PhD in Biotechnology at I.S.T./U.T.L., on topic: Development of a System of Biodegradation oxic – anoxic for Textile Wastewater, Lisbon/Portugal on 21/12/2006.
2009 – Post Graduated in Neurosciences of the Faculty of Medicine of University of Lisboa.
1995 to 2006 – Assistant of the Faculty of Architecture of ULisboa
2006 to date – Assistant Professor of the Faculty of Architecture of ULisboa
2007 to 2018 – Member of Scientific Council of Faculty of Architecture of ULisboa
2012 to date – Assistant Professor on Master Course of Apparel and Textile Design of ESART/IPCB and of the Faculty of Architecture of ULisboa.
1999-2006 – Member of ENVERG (Environment Research Group) IBB – IST/UTL
2007 to date – Effective member of CIAUD (Research Centre for Architecture, Urbanism and Design), Faculty of Architecture of ULisboa.
2008-2012 – Coordinator of the Master in Fashion Design of Faculty of Architecture of ULisboa
2009 to date – Scientific Evaluator ANI (National Innovation Agency)
2007 to date – Scientific Supervisor at the PhD in Design and MSc of Fashion Design
– Editor and Scientific Advisory Board on Human Factors for Apparel and Textile Engineering Conference, on International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics, since 2019.
– Executive member of 1st International Textile Design Conference 2017
– Executive member of 2nd International Textile Design Conference 2019
– Scientific Coordinator of SI I&DT Project- BIOCOLOUR – Project n.º 68924 GRANT-NUMBER: T590517690-00082967
– Research Areas of Interest: Textile Materials, Textile Dyes, Sustainable Textiles and Apparel, Biotechnology, Nanotechnology, Ecodesign.