Located in one of the central-most parts of Lisbon, the Alameda Campus benefits from a transport network that facilitates mobility to all the areas of the city. In its vicinity, there are many shopping, leisure, culture, entertaining and sports areas.
How to get there
Av. Rovisco Pais 1, 1049-001 Lisboa
From Lisbon Airport to IST Alameda campus is a 10 minutes’ drive. Lisbon Airport is very close to the city centre – it is located 7km from the centre – and there are different alternatives to get there, namely by Metro, city bus (Carris) or by taxi. If you choose the metro to go from the airport straight to IST, you have the red line (linha vermelha) and you should exit in Alameda or Saldanha station. It takes around 15 to 20 minutes and costs €1,40 plus €0,50 for the “Viva viagem” rechargeable card.
- Saldanha metro station: Yellow Line (Linha amarela) and Red Line (Linha vermelha)
- Alameda metro station: Green Line (Linha verde) and Red Line (Linha vermelha)
For further information visit the Lisbon Metro website.
The whole city of Lisbon is provided with an urban transport network with convenient timetables and frequent buses. The following buses stop near IST Alameda campus:
- Av. Rovisco Pais/Av. António José de Almeida (side entrances): 720, 742, 767.
- Alameda: 708, 717, 718, 720, 735, 767.
- Saldanha/Arco do Cego: 713, 716, 720, 726, 727, 736, 738, 742, 744, 767, 783.
For further information visit the Carris bus company website.
Taxis allow you to arrive at IST from any point in the city, but of course the tariff also increases according to the distance, traffic and day time. An airport-IST trip is around 10 euros.